If anyone has Salvias in their garden they don’t know the name or plants they can’t identify, please take a photo and email it to email@example.com. I am sure we can help you.
Like us on Facebook – we have a Facebook page to post photos and
Lyndi Garnett (Coordinator) – Ph (03)98034534 .
Jillian Barkell – Ph (03)97566361
Registered collection with the Garden Plant Conservation Association of Australia (GPCAA)
The Victorian Salvia Study Group Inc.is a group of Salvia enthusiasts from throughout Victoria who:
- Grow and collect Salvias for the purpose of study, research and enjoyment.
- Over 300 species, Hybrids and Varieties to enjoy
- Endeavour to name salvias correctly.
- Sell Salvia plants, books and seed at garden events throughout the year
- Maintains a Salvia Display Garden at Nobelius Heritage Park in Emerald, (below the Puffing Billy Line). The garden can be visited at any time. The garden shows a huge selection of Salvias from all over the world and how they grow.
- Organise garden visits
- Speak to Garden Clubs and groups
- Arranges plant identification, pruning and propagation days
- VSSG is a not-for- profit organisation
- Established over 35yrs
Our website www.salvias.org.au contains detailed information on Salvias with a Calendar of Events plus extensive notes and photos on Plant Identification. pruning, propagation and a huge selection of Salvia photos
- A ‘Manual for Salvia Growers’ by Meg Bentley, available at all Salvia functions.
- A newsletter ‘ Salvia News’, produced quarterly, containing comprehensive information about Salvias and our Calendar of Events.
- A Salvia Display Garden in Nobelius Heritage Park at Emerald, where anyone can wander through at any time.
- Free friendly specialist advice to our members and others on all aspects of growing Salvias.
- Assistance with identifying those Salvias in your garden or in a neighbouring garden then send a photo to Lyndi Garnett : firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you want to be more than a member and become a participating member of the group, otherwise known as a ‘Salvia fanatic’ then contact Lyndi Garnett to find out how.
- If we can assist you with bringing colour into your garden, then please contact us either by email: email@example.com or call us on Ph 98034534
Hover your mouse pointer over images to see titles
Friends of the Salvia Garden
For those who might have an hour or two free during the week, who would enjoy helping to Work in the Garden.
The gardens need maintaining and we need your help to keep them flowering and looking good for all who walk through.
If you can spare some time, it would really be appreciated – many hands make light work etc..
A chance for you to identify those Salvias in your garden and take home lots of cutting material.
Tea/coffee will be provided. Bring a plate to share for lunch.
Bring a hat, water, a chair, gloves and what ever tools you wish to use and of course a large plastic bag for those cuttings.
Please see the map for directions. Phone Lyndi 98034534 if coming.